Hueytown Mayor Steve Ware released the following COVID-19 Informational Notice for the City of Hueytown on Monday, April 6, 2020
The City of Hueytown has determined that due to the COVID-19 situation, all City buildings will be closed through April 30, 2020, as of March 13, 2020.
Departments will continue to serve the public online, by telephone or email throughout this time. Signs will be posted on the doors of all buildings with contact information and the City Website will continue to share information at www.hueytownal.gov. The City will re-evaluate the situation by April 30, 2020.
The City plans to maintain continuity of services during this time-frame. Essential services like Police, Fire and Garbage are prepared and taking measures to make sure staff are practicing safe social distancing. Other departments are still working to maintain all projects at the moment, but that is subject to change at any time.
In addition, effective immediately, the City of Hueytown is extending relief to business unable to pay their February, March and April 2020 Sales, Use, Lodging, Rental and Leasing Tax liabilities. While businesses must still file their City of Hueytown Sales, Use, Lodging, Rental and Leasing Taxes through normal practices by the 20th day of each month, penalties for late payments will be waived through June 1, 2020.
The Mayor and City Council know our businesses are going to be impacted and are doing all they can to help during this challenging time. In addition, the City is taking all precautions to make sure it’s employees and the public are safe and maintain a healthy work environment. The Mayor has allocated staff so that some can work from home. In most cases, the City is forwarding calls to these employees to ensure the public can still have questions and concerns answered. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Listed below are several important things to know about various City Services:
Revenue 205-491-7010 option 3:
• Contact the City regarding Business License applications and renewals or Tax payment questions. Call the number listed above or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Garbage payments can be made by either of the three listed options below:
▪ www.hueytownal.gov and select “How Do I” > “Pay Online” > “New Garbage Bill”. ▪ Dropping payment in the Black Drop Box drive-by in front of City Hall.
▪ Call 205-491-7010 option 3.
Accounting 205-491-7010 option 3:
• The City will continue paying bills during this time. Please call the Accounting Department should you have any questions about invoices or payment.
City Parks & Sports:
• All Parks & Recreation events have been canceled until further notice. Page 1 of 2
• The library will remain closed until further notice, and the book drop is not accessible. All checked out items will be renewed automatically and can be returned once the library re-opens. No fines will accrue during the time we are closed. Our online collection of e-books and audio-books is available for free at www.downloadable.jclc.org Phone calls during normal operating hours are being routed to a staff member working from home, and Facebook messages and voicemails are being monitored and responded to as soon as possible. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and resources to assist you and your children during this crisis. Also, free wi-fi is available 24/7 and is accessible from the parking lot. No password required
Municipal Court 205-491-7010 option 4:
• The Hueytown Municipal Court has modified the office hours to 6:00AM to 2:00PM and can be contacted by either calling 205-491-7010 option 4 and or by email email@example.com
• If you had a court date scheduled in March and April; a notice was sent to the address on file to you which gave notice of your NEW court date.
• Court Payments can be made by:
▪ online www.hueytownal.gov > “How do I” > “Pay Online” > “Court Fees”
▪ Mailing a Certified Check or Money Order to the City.
▪ Dropping Payment ( Certified Check or Money Order) in the Black Drop Box drive-by in front of City Hall.
Building & Zoning 205-491-7010 option 5:
• Inspection Department Hours are Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 7:00AM through 3:30PM.
• Scheduled Inspections must have the job-site vacated when the building official is performing inspections.
• Permit Job Applications can be obtained via the City’s website www.hueytownal.gov > “Departments” > “Building & Zoning Department” > “Permit Applications”. Print and complete the application (Including cost of permit) and email it with a signed contract between Contractor and Client to firstname.lastname@example.org and “cc” email@example.com or another option would be to place the information along with a check in an envelope and mail to the City or drop envelope in the black drive by drop box located in front of City Hall. Call or email the Building & Zoning Department to arrange payment if not enclosing with job application.
• Emergency Inspections are available Monday through Friday from 7:00AM through 3:30PM for Gas and Power re-connections with other inspections on a case by case basis.
• NOTE: Same day inspections must be scheduled by 9:30AM.
• Contacts for any questions or comments regarding permits, code issues, or nuisance violations.
City Contact Information: If an Emergency dial 911
• City Hall Main Number: 205-491-7010 to select one of the nine options to direct your call.
City Website www.hueytownal.gov to obtain/do
Make A Garbage Service Payment
Make a Court Payment
Council Meeting Minutes
COVID -19 Business Assistance Information
Read the full notice below two different versions of the notice are provided PDF and JPG
For More Information Visit The City of Hueytown's website at www.hueytownal.gov
CDC's Suggestions http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/index.html
Below are two different versions of the letter PDF and JPG