The City of Lipscomb and The Jefferson County Commission hosted a groundbreaking ceremony to mark the beginning of construction for the City’s new Storm Shelter/Community Center. The groundbreaking ceremony was held earlier in May at 5439 11th Street, Lipscomb, Al. This is the first new construction in Lipscomb in 15 years. The construction is expected to be finished in November of 2020. Once completed, Lipscomb residents will have a safe and secure place to gather during dangerous weather events.
Now, more than ever, the world needs trustworthy reporting—but good journalism isn’t free. Please support us by contributing today.
- Katie Price will put family first
- John Boyega hailed a hero.
- Brandi Glanville claims she had an affair with Denise Richards
- Lea Michele was a 'nightmare' to co-stars
- Cannes Film Festival announces 2020 movie selection
- Lilly Wachowski's rage and oppression inspired The Matrix
- Hugh Jackman vows to be part of change
- Duchess of Sussex speaks up about George Floyd's death
- Robert Pattinson glad of filming break
- Hueytown Mayor Steve Ware Issues Emergency Curfew
- What is the Church?
- Mayor Kenneth Gulley Enacts Curfew In Bessemer Amid Threats Of Violence
- It's Official! Alabama Adventure & Splash Adventure Is Opening On Saturday, May 30th, 2020
- Jefferson County Commission Declares State Of Emergency And Implements Curfew From 7 P.M. - 6 A.M. Through June 9
- Alabama Governor Ivey Issues Statement on Authorization of Alabama National Guard on As Needed Basis
- Governor Ivey Issues Statement in Response to Birmingham Protests
- Today, June 2 at 12:00 pm, Lawson State To Hold Virtual Spring Commencement With Special Appearances by Dr. Condoleezza Rice and Rickey Smiley
- Birmingham City Schools Releases Graduation Schedule